CALEDONIAN ROYALTY CORPORATION
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect and maintain different types of personal information about individuals with whom we interact. This includes:
- Contact and identification information, such as name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Customer and investor relationship information, such as investor information requests;
- Business relationship information, such as agreement terms and preferences; and
- Business operations information. Examples include: information necessary to effect unitholder contact information in response to specific requests.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
Caledonian collects personal information to allow us to manage and develop our business and operations including:
- Establishing, managing and terminating business relations with you;
- Informing you of, and supplying you with, investor relations information, other than that which you specifically requested;
- Complying with your requests;
- Protecting Caledonian against error, fraud, theft, damage or nuisance relating to Caledonian's assets, operations or reputation;
- Enabling us to comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
When Do We Use or Disclose Personal Information?
We use and disclose your personal information when, for example:
- We are required to do so by legal or regulatory requirements;
- The information is publicly available; or
- It is part of Caledonian's regular reporting activities to any Caledonian affiliate;
- It is necessary to protect the rights and property of Caledonian;
- Emergencies occur or where the use is necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- The information is public personal information;
- It is required by employees, contractors, consultants and other parties (including other organizations included in the term Caledonian) who require the information to assist us to establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you, including for example, third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf or third parties that collaborate with Caledonian in the provision of services to you;
- We have obtained your consent (see "Consent" below).
Caledonian is not in the business of selling customer information to third parties.
We may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required to do so by applicable law or regulatory requirements.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may limit our ability to provide products or services to, or acquire products or services from you.
Protecting Personal Information
Caledonian will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information using methods that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Examples of these methods include: password, encryption and other electronic security means; locked or limited access premises and file cabinets; and the security monitoring methods referred to earlier in this policy.
Updating Personal Information
It is important that the personal information Caledonian holds about you is accurate and current. Caledonian asks that you keep us informed of changes to your personal information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
To the extent practical, personal information will be retained only for so long as it is required to be maintained by law or good business practices.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You can ask to see the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. Please note that any such communications must be in writing.
When making an access request, we may require specific information from you to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for, and provide you with, the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; but we will advise you of any fees in advance. If you need help in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Caledonian may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information, where such refusal is permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements. Caledonian will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions, access has been denied.
- 2200, 300 Fifth Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3C4